Join Our Team
Keystone Consulting Engineers is an award-winning, multi-discipline civil & consulting engineering and surveying firm that has the reputation of delivering reliable, efficient and cost-effective services to all of Pennsylvania.
The Company is founded on a unique management approach which delegates total authority for each client or project to specific, qualified individuals. This provides a more direct link between the client and our firm and eliminates the administrative overhead associated with a “top-down” management style. This management philosophy provides cost-effective engineering services.
The company promotes continued growth through seminars, education, and on-the-job training. The result of this management style and educational program is evident by the low employee turnover and corresponding high average years of service per employee. We believe our greatest asset to be our dedicated and empowered employees, who have generated a tradition of exceptional customer service.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes, but not limited to; paid over-time, medical, dental & vision plans, 401k retirement plan with company match contributions. Our dedication to the well-being of our employees and their families is demonstrated throughout the range of benefits available to them.
To learn more about Keystone Consulting Engineers, please visit us at www.kceinc.com.
We have an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Land Use Planner in our Allentown, PA office.
The Land Use Planner position requires advanced professional planning experience of high complexity and variety. The Land Use Planner will lead or be significantly involved with larger, more complex planning assignments. This position requires a high level of independence and judgment, receiving general supervision from senior management. The Land Use Planner may supervise Planning or GIS Technicians, drafting and clerical staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs advanced professional work related to variety of planning assignments.
- Proactive and responsive communication with clients.
- Manages complex planning studies, development applications and reviews consultant proposals.
- Reviews and processes complex comprehensive plan amendments, re-zonings, annexations and site plans.
- Develops project budgets, administers bidding process, verifies contract expenditures and compliance.
- Conducts research and prepares statistical reports on land use, physical, social & economic issues.
- Provides professional planning assistance to member communities on varied land use projects including local municipalities.
- Develops transportation plans, studies and analyses on regional basis.
- Works in regional program areas relating to natural/water resources planning, community development, hazard mitigation, coastal zone management and others.
- Performs field inspections to gather data relevant to the development review process and/or to verify that development projects comply with approved plans.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with advisory boards and elected officials.
- Presents reports and other findings to staff, Planning & Zoning Boards, and Councils or Supervisors and serves as liaison to such committees.
- Attends substantial number of evening meetings.
- Supervises junior and technical staff within organization.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of the philosophies, principals, practices & techniques of planning.
- Well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as urban design, affordable housing, economic development or land use.
- Demonstrates extensive administrative and supervisory experience to develop a high functioning project team.
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards.
- Knowledge and experience in construction processes.
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection.
- Demonstrates effective technical and non-technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and GIS.
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting complicated planning reports and projects to clients and officials.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, boards, business leaders, contractors/developers and the general public.
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve less well- defined planning problems.
- Group facilitation skills for use with community workshops.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and internal groups effectively, to meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to provide effective supervision and staff management.
The Land Use Planner position requires a degree in planning or related field and a minimum of four years of professional planning experience.
American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certification is preferred but not required.
Have a valid Driver’s License.
To submit a resume with cover letter, please email:
Bonnie Meledandri, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keystone Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.