Keystone Consulting Engineers, Inc. is seeking a full-time experienced zoning officer to join our team. The qualified applicant will serve as a consultant to our municipal clients which include Pennsylvania Townships and Boroughs. The position will also support KCE’s commercial development department with analysis of existing zoning laws and will provide testimony in Zoning Hearing Board applications.
Knowledge: (demonstrated experienced in..)
- 5 yrs. minimum, or 10 yrs. preferred experience as a Zoning Officer
- Review of Zoning Permit Applications
- Review of Building Permit Applications for zoning compliance
- Review of Use Applications
- Review of Special Exception Applications
- Site Plan, Subdivision and Land Development Plan review for zoning compliance
- Presentation and testimony to Zoning Hearing Boards related to zoning appeals, zoning interpretations and Special Exception Applications
- Developing preliminary opinions on use applications
- Zoning Assessments for Due Diligence
- Basic knowledge of Tax Parcel and County Assessment research
- Preparation of Enforcement Notices to ensure Zoning Code Compliance
- Engages in meetings with attorneys, developers, contractors, and design professionals to convey zoning determinations.
- Works with private citizens and property owners to convey zoning decisions and to explain the permit processes.
Additional Skills: (preferred but not required)
- Preparation of Zoning Amendments (Text and Map Changes)
- Development and proposed Zoning Map Changes
- Agricultural and Openspace Planning and Zoning Ordinances
- Basic knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Keystone Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.